Tuesday 4 February 2014

#2014BloggerChallenge Let's Get Lost



Topic 3 of the #2014BloggerChallenge is on a book we love and Let's Get Lost by Sarra Manning instantly came to mind. I read this book when I was about 15/16 (waaaah I'm so old now) and I remember finishing it so quickly and I loved the writing style. In all honesty I haven't read this book since  so whether it's as good as my former self thought, I have no clue!

I don't want to say what it's about because it will kind of spoil it if you do decide to read it but here's a description of it I found online:
"Some girls are born to be bad...Isabel is one of them. Her friends are terrified of her, her teachers can't get through to her...her family doesn't understand her. And that's just the way she likes it. See, when no one can get near you, no one will know what keeps you awake at night, what you're afraid of, what has broken your heart...But then Isabel meets the enigmatic Smith, who can see right through her act. Bit by bit he chips away at her armour, and though she fights hard to keep hold of her cool, and her secrets, Isabel's falling for him, and coming apart at the seams when she does...A poignant, sometimes dark, and utterly heart-breaking novel, told with all the author's trademark wit and sharp observation..."

I've read another book by Sarra Manning called Nobody's Girl which was also really good but I don't have the book and I didn't want to use a picture from the internet (partly because I'm scared I'll get in trouble for copyright lolol, TOO MANY LAWS TO CONSIDER).

I'm not much of a reader anymore but have a massive pile of books I've bought from charity shops over the years that I need to tackle. Have you read Let's Get Lost? What's your favourite book?

No comments:

Post a Comment