Thursday 22 August 2013

Beauty UK Lipsticks: Pink My Ride and Passion

Beauty UK are one of those brands which people tend to overlook and class as low quality because they are a budget brand, however, they seem to have recently upped their game and have released several new lipsticks and also Posh Pouts which look really nice. I love the majority of the new lipstick colours released and so ended up buying two. They have also released a range of Posh Palettes and, as there was a 3 for 2 offer, I bought the Festival Palette which I'm planning on reviewing in the future.



The lipsticks I chose were shade 16 Pink My Ride and shade 10 Passion both of which retail for an affordable price of £3.49. The packaging is simple and sturdy with the coloured end coming off and storing a sheerer version of the lipstick itself which is all well and good until someone accidentally pulls the end of and gets a load of the product stuck under their nail (that someone being me).

These lipsticks have a really nice minty scent which I think makes them feel incredibly refreshing and soothing however, if you are not a fan of scents, this can be overlooked as, once on the lips or swatched, the power of the scent is basically undetectable.



Pink My Ride is a bright, fuchsia toned pink which is incredibly vibrant and pigmented within one application to the lips. Even though I've only owned it for about two days I would honestly say it's one of my favourite pink shades within my crazily huge collection.

Passion is another pink shade but is a lot deeper in tone than Pink My Ride and so making it a more wearable and everyday shade. It reminds me a lot of Mac's Impassioned, which I talked about here, but is a bit darker but I would say it is a close dupe if you cannot afford the likes of Mac (damn you Mac, please lower your prices, they make me sad).

I love the formula of these lipsticks and think Beauty UK have done an amazing job and made them really good competitors for more expensive brands within Boots and Superdrug. They are really creamy and soft but this does not in turn compromise the longevity and lasting power of the product which I find is often the case with moisturising lipsticks! The lasting power is amazing, even after eating and drinking the pigmentation looks as strong and bright as when first applied which I believe to be such an important factor because there is nothing worse than wearing a bright, statement lipstick to then find the colour has weakened after a short amount of time.


On the left is Pink My Ride and on the right is Passion

I would really recommend these lipsticks and I have also tried two other shades within this range, shade 8 Naughty, an orange toned red, and shade 15 Son of a Peach, a peach based nude and both of these lipsticks shade the same amazing formula and scent as Pink My Ride and Passion showing consistency within the range.

While looking on Beauty UK's website I noticed a range of Baked Blushers which my Superdrug doesn't stock so I'm going to have a look for some reviews and swatches and order one to try for myself because they look so pretty! Do you have any recommendations of products that I should try from Beauty UK?

2 comments:

  1. These look so vivid! Wow! I haven't seen this in Canada (no surprise with the name being Beauty UK though ha)
    Erin x
    erinandkatherine.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so bright and nice! Hahaha aw hopefully one day they'll evolve and become Beauty CA haha x

      Delete